Thanks

Default Reese earned his 3rd ME leg this weekend!

My club hosted their 2nd trial of the season this past weekend.

As usual, Bailey and Reese were scheduled to run both days in IQ, B in Junior and R in Master.

The judges in IQ laugh when they see us come to the line because it's always great to see how fast Reese gets to the rats. This weekend he was clocked at 2 seconds on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. I think he was tired on Sunday. lol. Reese q'd both days. Bailey didn't Q on Saturday, but he did on Sunday.

Bailey has been getting closer and closer to Q'ing in Junior. It's only a matter of time until he gets that second leg and title. He takes his sweet time getting to the rats and times out, but once he's there, he works like a champ.

There was a huge turnout for Master this weekend and there were 10 braces each day! We pulled 9 on Saturday and 6th on Sunday. Saturday's judge was hardcore. I was already nervous about Reese taking off straight to the den since this is our training site. He did venture off, but came back when called. His mark was a little weak once at the den, but it was a mark, but there had been a change to the placement of the rats at the entrance. Reese's honor has been 100x better. I couldn't have been happier. He had no problem with the tunnel and is never a problem when working. Removal can be difficult at times, but we've worked it out. He didn't pass, but I couldn't have been happier with the way he worked. On Sunday, I was still worried about Reese taking off to the den. His walkup was great. Venturing off, and coming back without being called, right up to me, as if to tell me, this way, they are THIS way. I was paired with an older woman and we were walking slowly. Reese marked first this time and we waited for our bracemate to mark. Into the tunnel Reese went. Then, he pops back out at the entrance. Strange. He goes back in, hear him over the roller, waiting for the barking, he pops out at the false exit. Gah! Getting nervous about time. Back in he goes, and finally the barking starts. I was sure he was overtime. He works and works, they call me over to get him out. I tell the judge I'd like to remove the cover etc, I open it, stick my hand in so he can't back up. encourage him to bark a few more times, and pull him out. Again, his honor was great. If you had heard him the first few times we ran, you wouldn't believe that this is the same dog! The other dog runs and we wait for the judge to walk us down. We passed. Both dogs Q'd. I was VERY surprised, since I was sure that Reese had gone over. He got to the rats at 1min 27seconds. You have 1min 30 to get there!

So, we've got one more leg to go until he gets his Master title. I won't hold my breath, but we will certainly have some fun along the way!
    Jill - Proud Hoomom to Bailey and Reese! :hearts:

Check us out on DOGS 101!
    Just click DACHSHUND

Member of Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue
    www.c2cdr.org

Thanks

That is wonderful!!!!! Congratulations!!! Soon he will be a Master Earthdog!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And congrats to Bailey also!!
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

Thanks

That is AWESOME!!! WTG guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 658 Posts

You guys sound like you're having SO much fun!!!
    Paula & Buster
    & my s Maxe, Alex, Wendal, Jules & James, Patti, Ferkel and Heidi,

"The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you can only do a little. Do what you can."

Thanks

That's just awesome!!!

Thanks

That is just so cool! Congrats to both boys.
    ~Shonda, Jackson, Daphne (Mitzi Moo, Dudley, Lily Bug, Buddy and Charlie see you my sweet pups on the Rainbow Bridge)

http://www.goodsearch.com Help CCDR raise funds. Put Coast To Coast Dachshund Rescue in the "Who do you Goodsearch for" box and hit verify. Then search away!![/COLOR]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frzframe
    That is just so cool! Congrats to both boys.
    Congratulations!!
    Mom to Bambi, Jewels, Sammy Boy and Pixie
    Tinha 2/14/91 - 4/25/08 - forever alive in my heart

Thanks

Red face

Sounds like a fantastic weekend all around! Congratulations!