Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LexieLuvr View Post
    Patrice. That would have been better than an ice storm! We had TONS of Super Bowl activities get cancelled, and 6 workers got hurt when ice/snow melted and fell off the Cowboys Stadium dome and hit them. Craziness!!!
    The ice was pretty bad. I heard there were over 800 accidents on Friday because of it.

I heard that 6 people were injured from falling ice at the Stadium. That's something you don't hear about often in Texas.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

Piper didn't seem enthused because she wanted to play sooo badly, but 1. it was 2:00 in the morning, and 2. my apartment has a leash law.

The dogs and I just took a medium walk to take the edge off. I was in short sleeves and crocs. (I know, I know, but they are comfy and the mud washes off.) The current temperature is 62 and sunny. GORGEOUS! Bailey is MUCH happier right now. :D
    Linsey, Bailey, and Piper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    The pictures are so great. I am really loving your new camera. You black beauties are awwwdorable. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
    Thanks for sharing! I love the Sad Face Piper and Bailey in front of the shrubbery especially
    Opaleyz, mom to Lili & Jasper - Sis to Gabby Auntie to Chloe & Gretta & Lexie

Thanks

Great pictures.
    I have not seen snow in a few years and I can't say I miss it.
    Olga
    Remembering my angels Sebastian and Sofie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeauBuddy View Post
    What does this mean to my grapefruit??? I love Texas grapefruit!
    I went for groceries at a very large grocery store and they had lots of empty spaces in the produce section, which never happens. The States get a lot of snow, we go hungry here in Canada.
    Not one grapefruit or cauliflower, not sure what else was missing.

Glad you enjoyed your snow event.
    I'm sure the bad roads had a lot to do with the empty produce areas - we have a lot of empty areas in our stores, too -- trucks won't deliver on bad roads. And with a freeze deep into Texas, I'm sure it will cut into the Texas grapefruit production, too. Most of the nation has had bad ice/snow storms so that means travel is dicey, at best. We're thawing out some here, finally, so hopefully you'll get a little more produce soon! I, personally, did NOT enjoy my snow event.
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks

Your pics are awesome! Except your lab looks sad :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    I honestly would rather have 3 feet of snow vs. 1 freezing rain storm. I seriously panic driving in that.
    Me too. I will be very happy if I never see freezing rain again.

If it ever did snow any significant amount here, people would seriously die, because they really have NO idea how to handle it. Floridians think they're invincible in cars. Spinning across a road that has turned into a sheet of ice is a good periodic reminder of mortality.
    Kim & the Girls

With me always, Cassie & Angel

Thanks

Smile San Antonio snow........

OceanGirls, it isn't only Floridians who think they're invincible drivers. They're EVERYWHERE....and they're usually driving an SUV or a BMW.... I was a bus driver in & out of NYC for 21 years & I had a mantra (still have it)...." A vehicle is only as good as the person driving it".

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out & your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Claudine View Post
    OceanGirls, it isn't only Floridians who think they're invincible drivers. They're EVERYWHERE....and they're usually driving an SUV or a BMW.... I was a bus driver in & out of NYC for 21 years & I had a mantra (still have it)...." A vehicle is only as good as the person driving it".
    Amen to that! Even the northerners drive like they're insane, sometimes!!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

One day of winter weather here. Sleet and ice. 800 accidents in Houston on a day that most business were closed down and very few drivers were on the streets. Drivers here also think they are invincible in cars.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue