Thanks

Default Why Valspar is Evil for Ivan

I wish I could show the video but don't have a place to upload it-photobucket doesn't seem to work for me.
    I am his third home. The first time he hissed and gaped (mouth open) and lunged I didn't pay much attention cuz I've had veileds before and they do that for show. But he latched on me. I jerked back and ended up throwing him about three feet LOL. luckily he landed on the couch.
    But everytime he sees me he pretty much looks like this:

see that ridge in his mouth? those are teeth. they are just fused together. ow.
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to areese For This Useful Post:

Thanks

He looks so cool, or one might say bad-a$$. He's quite handsome, indeed. And huge! Such a cute name. Valspar = paint?
    He's a VERY different kind of pet.

Yikes! Those teeth look nasty, and sharp. I'd stay away from that end too. Do you handle him at all? Does he startle so easily? Does he travel freely about your house or living room? I imagine they're slow movers, except at feeding? Hmm, how does one even go about taming a chameleon? Where to start? Bridge & target training with worms? They say it can work with all creatures. I hope he'll chill out after a while, once he realizes that he's safe & comfy with you. I'd cringe trying to work up the courage to reach out to him if he hissed at me, but how else to begin training? Good luck with that.

As for videos, youtube seemed to work for us. Didn't you post some agility videos of Salsa over there?

Thanks

yes he is named after the paint commercials that show chameleons (totally inaccurate, BTW. they do not change color to match anything and both those chams in the commercial are male Panther chameleons although one has a girl voice)
    He is MUCH better now. he has not bitten me in prob. 10 months. I'm not afraid of him at all which helps. I just hold him behind his head gently (while I pry those incredibly strong silly mitten looking hands and feet off the branches. then his tail. which is also super strong and prehensile. It's amazing!!!)
    he always hisses but in my heart I believe he doesn't really mean it LOL he won't eat from my hands...he won't even eat when I'm watching, normally. I just adore him.
    I'll try facebook video? I'm not a member of youtube it was prob. a friend or my ex who posted there.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

and Segue

Thanks

Yup, that's a Mr. Grumpy in the video. It's intimidating when he lunged at you, too. I jumped. Yikes!
    Good thing he's so handsome, cuz he's pretty darn ornery. And very cool, indeed.
    Youtube has gazillion dog training vids, so I wonder if they have any chameleon trainers on there too? Dunno?
    I do know some amazing people have even trained pigs to do agility & play piano! <Wink> <Grin> ;-)

Thanks

He is very cool.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

I don't know why I love him so much but I do

and Segue

Thanks

Wow! Interesting pet!
    Hoomom who was blessed with Jack. RIP Sweet Cynda 6/3/10, loving Lexie 9/13/13 and Jack, 3/22/16.