Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

haha Karen! Napoleon is a perfect weight too - nice and lean and muscular. Thor is FAT! He was 24 lbs at the vet the other day. I think he still needs to lose 2-4 lbs.

Thanks

Thanks for the link. It's definitely good to see that and have it as a reminder when our little one's look up at us for just one more treat.... :ashamed:
    Kelli (Hoomom to Bella & Cooper)

Thanks

I know this thread is really old, but I just noticed the picture of Gretchen, the last picture on the right hand side. That is exactly how P'nut looks. Do you guys think that dog is too skinny? P'nut is thin, but you can't see her ribs, I just think her body type is long and lean.

This is a stretched Nutty one.

..POGO....PIXEL.....P’NUT....PEPSI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 700 Posts

If you can't see her ribs and her backbone isn't really prominent, I'd say she isn't too thin. Some dogs are just smaller in the rib cage and do tend to appear thinner than they really are.
    Patrice and the Houston Duo

DREAM Dachshund Rescue

Thanks

I don't think she looks too thin..is she the same as she was when she was here??? I thought she looked great...granted I do like the weens thinner than some do but I thought she looked fine..her ribs aren't sticking out and neither is her backbone. And I think if they put a "pound or two" (like that isn't a freaking HUGE difference...pound OR TWO???) on Gretchen in the pic she'd be fat. Maybe 1/2 pound or less if you like a bit more on them.
    Owen's gained a bit lately...it's been raining for weeks it seems, more days than not and that makes us bored and doing tricks for treats and I'm working on a new "target" strategy for contact agility obstacles so we practice all the time leading to more and more treats...
    Owey's backbone does show some but it's his structure and the way he moves...he's so silly and gets all hunchy and crazy. Breed people tell me he should have more wieght on to hide that but that's a conformation thing, not a health thing and a lot of conformation dogs look pretty darn fat to me. Must make them look smoother...
    Amy, Laika, Owen and Salsa

and Segue