Doxie Lovers Club

Go Back   Doxie Lovers Club > Doxie Stuff > The Mixed Bag of Information

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Jen

Default Doxie coat velcro not sticking together

Tasha's blanket coat's belly strap velcro is not sticking well anymore. Anytime I have to pull her (away from food, etc) it comes unstuck and the coat flies open. Other than that the coat is fine.

Does anyone know a way to get the stray hairs, fibers, etc, out of velcro so its more "sticky" again?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Bologna

Sorry I don't know but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.
They may be small, but you should see their hearts. Shelter/Rescue dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. The ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Do not pity a shelter/rescue dog. Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness on your side. Anon

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com (click daily to give free care and food)
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Chopper Challenge Champion, Alchemy Champion, Jewel Champion, Curveball Champion, Lightning Pool Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Tadpole Champion, Solitare Champion, Sandwich Stacker Champion, Red and Blue Champion, Pente 2 Champion, Tic Tac Toe Champion, Froggster Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, Bubble Wrap Large Champion, Simpsons Snow Fight Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Eskiv Champion, Bugz Champion, Helicopter Champion, Mumu Champion, Yeti Sports 7: Snowboard Free Ride Champion, Yeti Sports 8: Jungle Swing Champion, Yeti Sports: Yeti Puzzle Kick Champion, Candy Corner Champion, Speed Collapse Champion, Mario Mushroom Match Champion, Save Fiona Champion, GF Sponsor Bowling Champion

I got this:
Q: My gym bag closes with a strip a velcro and one side of the velcro is full on lint and his bag won't stay closed. What's the trick to getting the lint off velcro so it'll stick again?

A: The best way to clean velcro is with another piece of velcro. Take the rough or hook part and draw it rapidly through the lint-filled side and this will raise the trapped debris which you can pull out with your hands.

from here

And I also found this:
Clean the Velcro if necessary by using a darning needle to lift the hair pads and duct tape to remove stragglers.
from here

..POGO....PIXEL.....PíNUT....PEPSI
Old 12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Bratwurst

You can also use a toothpick and run it thru, sometimes i use my seam ripper and just run it thru the grooves.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Jen

A darning needle. That sounds good. Thanks Lisa!

Shame a doxie tongue won't do it....:rofl: Tasha "cleans" everything else in the apt.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Bratwurst

i always get grossed out by the hair and stuff that stuck in the velcro of gigi's old coat.

(i guess that's not really offering your help. heehee)

Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Superween

Anything small and sharp will do really. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
mahjong Champion, Solitare Slingo Champion, Beach Party Slots Champion, Mahjongg Solitaire Champion, Extreme Crossword 2 Champion, Word Rush Champion, Word Drop 2 Champion, Mahjong Solitaire Challenge Champion

Good info! I've never known how to "fix" velcro that quits sticking.

Dachshund Rescue of Houston
Closed Thread